Tuesday, December 11, 2012
HW420 Unit 8
This has been such a great class for me and probably my favorite in whole four years at Kaplan, although I have only completed one so far this will be great for my future. Of all of the exercises that I have completed so far I love most all of them. Loving-kindness is close to me because I believe in treating people with respect and being a role model for others, mostly children. The subtle mind practice was awesome too because I love relaxing and becoming lost in nothingness; oddly enough I am great it at and afterwards I feel as though I am completely refreshed. Visualizations were fun and I plan to do these more in my future at least a few times a week. They can help with lowering blood pressure and all kinds of health benefits. Meditation is on the top of my list because I have practiced it for over four years now through yoga, I cannot possibly live a day without it. Sitting quietly or with some soft Indian world dub beats in the background are fun during these times and just breathing. Deep breaths and turning the world out, maybe dreaming of another time and place, fantasy-land perhaps.
Location:
arp texas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello Amee,
ReplyDeleteGreat blog. Keep up the good work and experimenting with the exercises. You'll find that different scenarios you come across in life will lead you to focus on different exercises. If I might make a suggestion. When setting goals up for yourself, practice the visualization exercises. Picture yourself (how you look, feel, sound, etc.) when you achieve your goal. If you do this everyday, it will give you the motivation needed to achieve your goal. Keep up the great work for the rest of the semester and throughout your educational and professional career.
Coach Randy Andrews
I love that, visualizing what I will look like and where I will be. Thank you!
ReplyDelete