This week in Creating Wellness HW420 one of the assignments were to listen to an mp3 of a woman advising on a way to get to the subtle mind. This experience to me was much better than the Loving Kindness to me personally. The waves were nice but they were a little annoying because I could tell it was like on repeat. I tried not to notice really.
I really like the expression "to tame the busy head". It fits my life right now and I think most everyone for that matter. If you have children you most likely will benefit from a few moments peace, as Professor Mark discussed in the seminar. I have two little girls and they are busy beavers most of the time so when bedtime arrives this subtle mind experience....sort of reminds me of the Jimi Hendrix experience, not really but I like that term......anyway it is nice. I am able to let the thoughts roll out just as fast as they roll through my head. I love knowing I have this capability, it is freedom from everything stressful in my day to day life. Doing this exersice daily or something like it like lying in bed before I fall asleep and thinking about only breathing.
On another note my two puppies are 3 weeks old, just opened their eyes yesterday, and they are so fat and cute. It really brings my joy watching my girls and the puppies mother all of us together happy and alive.
Hello Amee
ReplyDeleteI Think in general it is difficult to sit for 20 minutes and not do any thing. For me in is a hard task even when I am just siting my mind is in all different directions.Perfect example is I am doing this blog , but I am thinking of all the thing I have to accomplish tomorrow. You must have you hand full with your girls. Sometimes I think I fall asleep before my head hits the pillow. Nice talking to you Have a happy Thanksgiving.
Maria