Monday, November 5, 2012

Reflecting HW420

From the ferris wheel ride at our local fair this past month.
 
   
     This weeks assignment requires me to reflect on my physical, psychological and spiritual well-being on a scale from 1-10. My physical well- being I would rate a 9 because I feel good and I am in good health but I need to lose a few pounds, that is my goal anyway but overall I think my body is responding to eating right more so now that I am actually doing it more often. I would consider my psychological well-being a 6 because I have anxiety from time to time and it really bothers me. I can't explain it, prevent it nor do anything about it to stop it. The relaxing techniques may come in handy as a goal also and I will try them next time I am feeling anxious. Spiritually I would say a 7 because I do not practice a religion per say but I enjoy yoga and meditation regualarly. Yoga opens my mind and it never fails to make me feel better after I have done it for at least 15 to 30 minutes every morning. I would like to make a goal to practice yoga in the afternoon also because I am aspiring yoga instructor.
     The rainbow meditation technique was fun, I really liked it and I will be sharing it some friends. I think it is beneficial doing the visual techniques.
 
    

9 comments:

  1. Welcome to our little blogesphere at kaplan. You already seem as though you have a grasp of this blogging setup. Unlike some of our more challenged academic scholars.(Me included)! You should have seen me struggle through the web pade design course that was really fun but also really hard. Anyway welcome
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amee, When you do the meditation or yoga does that help with your anxiety at all. I find when I get anxious breathing slowly and deeply (diaphragmatic breathing) is very helpful. It nice because you can do it anywhere even sitting in the car. What a great goal to become a yoga instructor then you could help others also not only get fit, but connect their mind, body,and soul.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does, I only wish I had the time to do it specificly when I have anxiety but it always seems to strike when I am busy and then I get sweaty palms and nervousness/social anxiety comes in and kicks me in the rear. I am going to beat this thing one way or another.

      Delete
  3. Amee,
    I feel as though we are similar. Although I am not an aspring yoga instructor! I do enjoy yoga though, or the little of yoga that I have done in the past. It is still on my to-do list to make sure I attend classes at my gym and try all different types of exercise.
    I also get anxiety at moments from all sorts of things. Just yesterday at work I felt a little nauseous and anxiety immediately kicked in and took over because I was worried I'd get sick right there or pass out. Really strange, I know! But it has happened to me many times, which is why I probably get anxiety about it.
    I hope that you become the yoga instructor you aspire to be! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My anxiety is similar to yours. Yesterday my my stomach was sick on the way to work. May be it is work. I feel most of my anxiety from there. Yoga is also on my long list of things to do. But good luck to Amee.

      Delete
    2. Sorry to hear that your anxiety makes you sick or nauseated sometimes. I just feel super nervous at times and no nausea although I seem to get heart burn and I think it is related to the anxiety. Maybe we can conquer this stuff with this class and learning to relax our minds.

      Delete
  4. Aimee, with your desire to one day become a yoga instructor, do you have any words of wisdom to share about yoga? Where I live it seems there is a yoga group or class on every corner. I am really interested in pursuing this as an outlet but with so many of them I am wondering if there is anything to maybe look for when joining in with a group?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nanci,
      I have found that there are many different styles of yoga and I reccomend a beginner class of vinyasa or flow yoga. It specificly goes on breathing and flowing from one move to another slowly. It is my favorite and the one type I hope to teach some day. Also trying all of them is something fun too, keep it interesting and find your niche.

      Delete