Thursday, November 8, 2012
Loving Kindness
The exercise in Unit 4 from the Loving Kindness mp3 I listened to was very relaxing. I wish there were more descriptions of what to think about because sometimes I was confused. Maybe this is something that takes more than one day like the book suggests; to try this every day for a week. That is something I would like to try. I am hoping that it brings me peace because my anxiety has had the best of me lately. One reason is that my beautiful dog Midnight (7 year old healer) had a litter of eight puppies prematurely and all passed but two. I fed the others puppy formula every couple of hours but they passed one by one within 3 days of being born, today being the 3rd day of life. I hate to see animals/pets pass away; my daughters and I had a small funeral in our backyard this afternoon. But I am happy that the remaining two pups seem to be feeding from the mother very well on their own. Dogs in particular have always been close to me and stress relieving. I am having a better day after trying this exercise and thinking about my loved ones and myself for a change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amee, I am so sorry to hear about your puppies:( That is so sad. I believe that our pets are our families. They are a source of stress relief for me also. Even if you are not able to listen to the waves because you were confused or annoyed, I think it would be beneficial for you if you found some type of relaxation or something that helps you release the stress from your body in a positive way. Maybe a good way would be when the dogs are healthier you could make it a habit to walk them daily.. briskly to get your and their hearts pumping:) Also do you like dancing or singing.. I find that dancing is a great de stresser:) Sending positive thoughts your way:)
ReplyDeleteRachel
Aww, that is SO sad, Amee! I think pets are part of the family as well. I had a cat of 7 years get attacked by racoons and then suffered hypothermia from being stuck underneath my house. She was my baby too. I have a 19-month-old son now, who is my #1 baby.
ReplyDeleteBut yeah, I agree with you on the sound of the waves. At times I didn't know what I should have been thinking about so I was feeling myself drifting to sleep! (I also work during the night as a newspaper delivery driver, so I hadn't taken a nap yet.) This is something I should do every day myself because I am just so stuck in a rut right now. I've been hard on myself and my boyfriend. In cause of being in a complicated relationship, I just couldn't place that enemy in front of me. Maybe its a sign of my anger, I don't know. I just don't want anything to do with that person. So yeah, would like to keep practicing something like this, as my anxiety has the best of me too!
Hi Amee,
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that I wish there was more descriptions however I had a different reason. Because there was so much of a gap between instructions I felt myself becoming distracted with other things. I also think that this would be something that would be great to do everyday and try to always use different people. I am sorry to hear about the puppies. I know what it is like to lose a pet because they become part of the family even though they were new to your family their mother is not and you were feeling pain for her as well as for the loss of the puppies.
-Ashley
Hi Amee
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the relaxation exercise. I felt that there was to much time in between the suggestions for meditation. Also it is very difficult to go from a loving feeling to someone that you hate. Kind of a weird change in emotions. I always thought meditation should be a relaxing loving exercise, not a exercise in thinking about hate. I am stuck to in a rut with my on again off again relationship with my boyfriend. Some days I wish him banished from my life forever and other days we are madly in love. My brain and heart have a hard time keeping up.